Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Lost: The Good
So LOST is over, what do I watch now? Well before I watch anything else I need to find some closure, before I can properly move on ;-). I have decided that Lost is, was, and always will be 50% Brilliant and 50% Bollox. So with that I'm going to list the things I liked and disliked about the series.
1. Episodes like "The Constant". Desmond flips through time desperately searching for his Lost love Penny like "The Time Travellors Wife" and finally contacts her. One of the best episodes IMHO.
2. "The Looking Glass." All the season finale's were exciting, but this closer for Season Three was so good it actually gave me heart palpitations for a few hours after I saw it. Poor Charlie; I'd spent most of the time being annoyed by his Mancunian-druggy-rocker character, so it was a total surprise how gutted I was when he sacrificed himself for Desmond.
3. Sawyers nicknames/one liners. Son of a bitch ;-)
4. Hurley. Dude ;-)
5. Sawyer grows up, becomes a leader after Jack and Locke disappear, and settles down with Juliet in the 70s. And why not? ;-)
6. They killed Juliet. You bastards!
7. The ambiguous mysteries of the island. The thing about mysteries is that not knowing what they are is always better than the explanation. Explanations are always a bit of a let-down.