Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Itraconazole


I wonder why children like the colour of this? I had this on prescription for about a year after my last bout of ABPA type wheeziness about 5 years ago. It came on really suddenly, it was about the same time I was helping out laying some cables in the office, it may have occurred because I was working in a dusty environment. I was also moving house while R was pregnant, so all in all quite a stressful time. Anyway, I was suddenly really wheezy and struggling to get up stairs, etc. I went to the hospital a few times and they put on increasing doses of steroids which did improve things slightly, but after about a week they got my IGe results back which showed I was reacting to aspergillus, I was then put on the anti-fungal med Itraconazole, and I swear it was the weirdest thing; it was as if my chest suddenly became clear again, like after the third dose or something.
Anyway, I've decided to go back on it for a few weeks to see if it improves my LF at the next hospital visit. It's already cleared up my athletes foot anyway...

2 comments:

Me said...

hum me needs to get some of this. Can you go on it long term?

Woody said...

Well I was on it for about 2 years with no noticable ill effects apart from being really fed up when watching City. Come to think of it I was still fed up when I stopped taking the meds ;-)