The Stones Roses peaked too soon, but their fusion of guitar based music and dance inspired many other bands such as Oasis, Blur and the Britpop movement of 1995.
- NME's best British album of all time revealed
- The Stone Roses' self-titled 1989 debut album has been voted the best British album of all time in a Sunday newspaper poll.
- In 1989 the critical response was generally positive and today the album is widely considered to be one of the very best British albums released.
- The Stone Roses' eponymous first album has been voted best album of the last 50 years by listeners of the BBC digital station, 6 Music.
- Reni is considered by many to be the best drummer of his generation, and the "single most important drummer in UK indie circles"
Gonna add a link here to a guitar part I never learnt. Kids have it easy these days, at the time the only way to learn songs was to sit with your guitar forever stopping and starting a tape player to learn a riff by ear, this could take hours and even days. nowadays you've got ready made lessons on youtube!