Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Rough Week

Well, after the good news of VX-770 I was brought crashing straight back down to earth with a virus that cut out the middle man (nose and throat) and went straight onto my chest. So for the last week boat loads of sputum has been bubbling out of my lungs at night like mount Vesuvius. I rang up the Hospital and got them to fax an antibiotic order through to my doctors with the minimum of fuss. They're very good. I'm on Rifampicin and Ciprofloxacin, so I'll need to watch the mood swings and nausea...

On Sunday I went for a bike ride to try and clear some of the gunk. It wasn't pretty ;-) My mate was going to come with me but he had to cancel at the last minute. Just as well really, he would have needed counseling if he'd seen what came out of my mouth ;-). I felt really ill during but it was worth it afterwards because I did feel a lot clearer. My heart felt a bit fluttery for a few hours afterwards though, maybe it was a side effect of the antibiotics...

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/71646577

No comments: