Sunday, January 27, 2013

Miracle Drug

It has only been 4 days. 4 days.

Wow. As the saying goes I'm only 4 days in but I already feel loads better. Mucus is still coming out, but it's coming out easier and it doesn't overwhelm and exhaust like it used to. My bowels feel normal. They haven't been normal since I was 22. My blood sugars seem better; normally I get a crashing feeling of dropping energy levels if I leave big gaps (i.e. 2 hours) between meals. Haven't had that yet.

On Friday I went for a run at the gym and stuff was flying out of me so much that I had to keep pausing the running machine every few minutes to run to the toilet and bring up more mucus, it was gross but good! Easier to bring up. Did I have more energy in my legs for running? Or was it in my head?

In the morning I'm not overwhelmed by mucus in the back of the throat; I can talk to my misses first thing in the morning without worrying about having a coughing fit!

I went for night out with some friends in Manchester to celebrate the arrival of K (on Saturday) It was an epic night out where we tried to pretend we were 18 again and we all had a lot to drink (like you have to do, once in a while ;-)) This normally gives me a really bad CF hangover with low energy, really bad bowels, and double the mucus for the entire day (sometimes 2 days). There was hardly any mucus first thing in the morning! There was a bit more through the day but nothing major, I didn't even feel tired!

For the last four years I have been in a gradual decline, I think the running (have entered the Manchester 10K for the last four years for the CF Trust) and mountain biking has hidden that decline a bit, but after taking K for 4 days I have realised just how bad that decline has been. I couldn't talk for mucus first thing on the morning. The decline has now been taken away and I feel 5 years younger.

I am in awe. I keep tearing up. There aren't really words.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow that's truly amazing! Really happy for you :) I'm due to start Kalydeco too in the next couple of weeks, cannot wait!

Woody said...

Hi Grace, I saw you got your K yesterday! I'm made up for you, hope it works as well for you as it seems to have done for me!

Anonymous said...

Nice information. Here I observed about the miracle drug which feels to feel loads better. Upto now I don’t know about this type of drug. It is very interesting. Thanks for sharing the information. Apart from this article I learned Springdale clinic is the right place to take treatment on mental health issues.